Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
VT, February 1992
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups TVP granules or flakes mixed with 1¾ cup hot water
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- salt, optional
- 8 large kaiser rolls, split
- shredded lettuce
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute garlic, onion, pepper and TVP.
- In a bowl, mix tomato paste with water, oregano, ketchup, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce and honey is using.
- Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil and add salt if desired.
- The sauce should be thick but spreadable.
- If desired, toast rolls. Spoon the sauce over the bottom half of the roll, pile on the lettuce and top with remaining roll half.