Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A favorite of young and old that is easy to eat.
- Sloppy Joes from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- ½ lb. ground meat
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ cup quick barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp. raw oatmeal
- buns, toast or hard rolls
- Brown meat and onion in skillet.
- Add barbecue sauce, oatmeal, and enough water to cover meat. Heat to boiling, turn down heat to simmer, cover pan, and cook 15 minutes or until thickened and meat is soft.
- Serve on buns, toast, or hard rolls.
- Can be frozen after cooking.