Get the flavor of "subshop" Italian meatball subs at home with this quick and easy recipe.
- Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ® garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ® Italian seasoning, divided
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick ® Ground black pepper
- 1 package McCormick® Sloppy Joes Seasoning
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1½ cups water
- 4 (6-inch) submarine rolls
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Mix beef, garlic salt, ¾ teaspoon [Italian seasoning]], and pepper.
- Shape into 16 (1½-inch) meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in large skillet 10 minutes or until done.
- Add sloppy joes seasoning, tomato paste, water, and remaining ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning; stir until smooth.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Place meatballs in rolls.
- Spoon sauce over meatballs; top with cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 405 | Fat 17g | Cholesterol 64mg | Sodium 1863mg | Carbohydrates 33g | Fiber 3g | Protein 30g