Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sloppy Garden Joes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
- 1 x 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 x 15 oz. can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 x 8 oz. can mushrooms
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 8 whole wheat buns
- Sauté onions, carrot, green pepper and ground turkey or chicken in a pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, barbecue sauce and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until thick.
- Serve on toasted or plain buns.