This sweet potato salad combines the sweet with the spicy, a traditional Moroccan blend of flavors. Simply gorgeous! This recipe serves 4 to 6.
- large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons coriander
- 100 – 200 g black olives
- ¼ cup capers
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes in just enough water to cover them.
- Stir in the ginger, cinnamon, chile, lemon, honey and salt and boil for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- The sauce should be like syrup, but if it hasn't reached that consistency, lift out the potatoes and boil the sauce until it is thicker.
- Mix in the coriander, and capers.
- Reintroduce the potatoes to the dressing if necessary.
- Allow it to cool before serving.