Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This sweet potato salad combines the sweet with the spicy, a traditional Moroccan blend of flavors. Simply gorgeous! This recipe serves 4 to 6.
- large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons coriander
- 100 – 200 g black olives
- ¼ cup capers
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes in just enough water to cover them.
- Stir in the ginger, cinnamon, chile, lemon, honey and salt and boil for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- The sauce should be like syrup, but if it hasn't reached that consistency, lift out the potatoes and boil the sauce until it is thicker.
- Mix in the coriander, and capers.
- Reintroduce the potatoes to the dressing if necessary.
- Allow it to cool before serving.