Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A traditional side dish, which can be served as a salad at a braai (BBQ) or on other occasions
- 1 kg pickling onions, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- Cook onions in boiling water with a little salt until tender, but not sloppy. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Boil vinegar and water
- Whisk eggs with sugar, mustard and salt till foamy
- Slowly pour boiling water vinegar into the eggs stirring all the time
- Return to the heat, simmer gently stirring all the time until it thickens.
- Pour over onions
- Seve cooled.