Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Yields: approximately 16 bakestones
In Welsh, slapan stands for the pan where this griddle cake is cooked. Slapan is related to the famous welshcake except that you fry a thick batter rather than a pastry.
- 225g/8oz Flour
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- A Pinch Bicarbonate of Soda
- A Pinch of Baking Powder
- 50g/2oz Dried Fruit (e.g. sultanas, raisins)
- 50g/2oz Sugar
- A little milk (if necessary)
- In a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it is well blended and resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the eggs and remaining ingredients and beat to make a thick batter.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan until hot.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter mixture onto the hot griddle and cook on both sides
- To serve - split in two and smother with salted butter. Eat whilst still hot.