Cabbage and noodles
- 1 medium sized cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons oleo
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 25 dag noodles, thin or broad
- caraway seeds to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Cook noodles in pot of water to which salt is added.
- Drain and set aside.
- Shred the cabbage as for cole slaw.
- Now place oleo in deep skillet and add the chopped onion.
- Saute over low flame until onions are cooked to a golden yellow, but not brown.
- Add the shredded cabbage, caraway seeds, salt and pepper; cook until cabbage is wilted.
- Add the drained cooked noodles and mix gently.
- Place on a platter and sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over the cabbage and noodles and serve.
- You may also sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and noodles if you wish.