Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cabbage and noodles
- 1 medium sized cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons oleo
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 25 dag noodles, thin or broad
- caraway seeds to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Cook noodles in pot of water to which salt is added.
- Drain and set aside.
- Shred the cabbage as for cole slaw.
- Now place oleo in deep skillet and add the chopped onion.
- Saute over low flame until onions are cooked to a golden yellow, but not brown.
- Add the shredded cabbage, caraway seeds, salt and pepper; cook until cabbage is wilted.
- Add the drained cooked noodles and mix gently.
- Place on a platter and sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over the cabbage and noodles and serve.
- You may also sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and noodles if you wish.