Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Lb. Dried Navy or Yellow Eye beans
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Lb. Slab Bacon or salt Pork
- 3/4 Cup Pure maple syrup
- 1 T. salt
- 1/2 T. Dry mustard
- Soak beans Overnight in 6 Cups Cold water.
- Drain And Put Into a Large Cooking Pot.
- Add water to Cover beans, About 6 Cups.
- Bring to a Boil, Cover And Cook at a Slow Boil For 30 Minutes.
- Drain, Reserving Cooking water.
- Combine beans With Chopped onions;
- Spoon Half Into Bottom of 2 1/2 to 3 Quart Bean Pot.
- Score Slab Bacon, Cut in Half And Put 1 Piece on Top of beans.
- Spoon in Remaining beans.
- Mix Syrup, salt And Dry mustard With 1 Cup of Bean Cooking water. Pour Over beans. Add More Bean Cooking water if Needed to Cover beans.
- Place Remaining Slab Bacon on Top.
- Cover And Bake in a 325 Oven For 6 Hours. Add More Bean Cooking Liquid if Needed. Uncover For The Last Hour.
Makes 6 to 8 Servings.
Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook