Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ pounds skirt steak
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz pkg sliced mixed mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 24 oz container garlic mashed potatoes
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbs of oil.
- Season both sides of the steak with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- Saute 3 minutes per side or until done. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 1 min.
- Add sherry, stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil, boil 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and cook 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir in butter.
- Microwave potatoes following package directions.
- Serve with sliced steak and sauce and a side dish of carrots.