Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Van Sickle Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1990. Date and source unknown. Marked as “Paw Paw’s favorite snack”.
- 3 cups graham flour
- 1/2-cup wheat germ
- 1-cup brown sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread dough onto 2 large greased baking sheets.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- When still warm, break into chunks and whirl briefly in blender, about 1 cup at a time.
- Crisp in 250 oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.