Purchased from the Van Sickle Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1990. Date and source unknown. Marked as “Paw Paw’s favorite snack”.
- 3 cups graham flour
- 1/2-cup wheat germ
- 1-cup brown sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread dough onto 2 large greased baking sheets.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- When still warm, break into chunks and whirl briefly in blender, about 1 cup at a time.
- Crisp in 250 oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.