Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Orange Juice Canned, Unsweetened by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced ½” thick
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Place sweet potatoes in a 12” skillet; cover with hot water, bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine orange juice, brown sugar, butter or margarine, and cinnamon (optional).
- Pour sauce over the cooked potatoes. Cook and stir until bubbly. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes, until potatoes are glazed, spooning sauce over potatoes occasionally.