Orange Juice Canned, Unsweetened by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced ½” thick
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Place sweet potatoes in a 12” skillet; cover with hot water, bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine orange juice, brown sugar, butter or margarine, and cinnamon (optional).
- Pour sauce over the cooked potatoes. Cook and stir until bubbly. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes, until potatoes are glazed, spooning sauce over potatoes occasionally.