- 1 cup low-fat milk or soy milk
- 2 to 3 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 6 scallions or other green spring onions (such as ramps or Egyptian Onion), thinly sliced
- 4 large potatoes, prebaked or microwaved in their skins
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups packaged shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrots
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and coarsely mash them.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrots and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted. Add scallions and cook, uncovered, until cabbage begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes. If skillet becomes dry, add small amounts of additional water as needed.