Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beans, Pinto Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 2 cups dry pinto beans
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup of 29 ounce-can chicken
- 1 (15½ ounce) can tomatoes, non-drained
- 1 (15½ ounce) can carrots, drained
- ⅓ cup original flavor barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large pot, soak pinto beans using quick soak method.
- On medium-high heat, warm oil in skillet.
- Brown garlic and onion in oil.
- Remove excess fat from canned chicken, then add chicken to skillet and heat for 8–12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and carrots.
- Add barbecue sauce; heat until warm, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- On an open bun, pour chicken mixture on top.