Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Notation on card indicates this was a family favorite. Dated 1957. I make this every summer when the corn is fresh. I can't make enough for my family and friends. It gets gobbled right up.
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in ½ inch strips
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in ½ inch strips
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup stuffed , thinly sliced
- Sauté the onions, peppers, jalapeno pepper and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the and heat thoroughly. Serves 6.