Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
Seasoning mix Edit
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon whole thyme leaves (dry)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Combine seasoning mix ingredients; mix well.
- Dust both sides of pork chops with the seasoning mix and reserve.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over a medium flame and add the vegetable oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the pork chops.
- Cook the pork chops for 10 to 14 minutes or until they have reached an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Note: chili-dusted pork chops are also excellent grilled.