This was a favorite recipe many years ago before low carb. It's so simple and quick to make, yet tastes delicious. Because carrots can be a bit carby, watch your serving sizes. To serve 8, each serving would be about ¼ cup. The wonderful carrot flavor is very concentrated so a small serving is plenty. I used my food processor with the shredding blade to shred my carrots. A pound of carrots yields about 12 ounces after peeling and trimming and the counts are based on 12 ounces of carrots.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 6 – 8 servings
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped 
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet with a lid; add the carrots and salt.
- Stir to coat well with butter and to distribute the salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat until tender, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Do not over cook.
- Stir in the parsley and serve at once.
- ↑ Dried parsley will not be suitable for this recipe
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ⅙ recipe: 73 Calories | 6g Fat | 1g Protein | 5g Carbohydrate | 1.5g Dietary Fiber | 3.5g Net Carbs
- Per ⅛ recipe: 55 Calories | 4g Fat | trace Protein | 4g Carbohydrate | 1g Dietary Fiber | 3g Net Carbs