Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This was a favorite recipe many years ago before low carb. It's so simple and quick to make, yet tastes delicious. Because carrots can be a bit carby, watch your serving sizes. To serve 8, each serving would be about ¼ cup. The wonderful carrot flavor is very concentrated so a small serving is plenty. I used my food processor with the shredding blade to shred my carrots. A pound of carrots yields about 12 ounces after peeling and trimming and the counts are based on 12 ounces of carrots.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 6 – 8 servings
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped 
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet with a lid; add the carrots and salt.
- Stir to coat well with butter and to distribute the salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat until tender, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Do not over cook.
- Stir in the parsley and serve at once.
- ↑ Dried parsley will not be suitable for this recipe
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ⅙ recipe: 73 Calories | 6g Fat | 1g Protein | 5g Carbohydrate | 1.5g Dietary Fiber | 3.5g Net Carbs
- Per ⅛ recipe: 55 Calories | 4g Fat | trace Protein | 4g Carbohydrate | 1g Dietary Fiber | 3g Net Carbs