- 5 pounds large or jumbo size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup olive or avocado oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 ripe medium California avocados, seeded and peeled
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- Thread 4 shrimp close together on each thin wooden skewer. Melt butter in a pan.
- Add oil, garlic and parsley; heat just until bubbling, then remove sauce from heat. Place skewered Shrimp on a rack in a pan; brush generously with garlic sauce.
- Broil shrimp 4 inches from heat until they turn bright pink, about 4 minutes. Baste more than once with garlic sauce. Turn and broil on other side about 3 minutes or until shrimp feel firm when pinched; baste once. (Or place skewers on a greased grill about 6 inches from hot coals. Cook and baste as directed for broiled shrimp.)
- Place each skewer on serving plate an lightly sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve with guacamole.
Guacamole Preparation Edit
- Coarsely mash avocado, leaving some chunks.
- Add remaining Ingredients and mix to blend.