Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 16 (2 skewers per serving)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each), all visible fat removed
Soy-peanut marinade Edit
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (1 to 2 medium limes)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced, or 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using a tortilla press or smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly flatten chicken.
- Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 long strips.
- In a small nonmetallic bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Put marinade and chicken in an airtight plastic bag and turn bag to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak 32 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Thread 1 strip of chicken on each skewer.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (2 skewers):
- 30 Calories | 6g Protein | 51mg Sodium | 16mg Cholesterol | 1g Fat | 0g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1 Low-Fat Meat