Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 16 (2 skewers per serving)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each), all visible fat removed
Soy-peanut marinade Edit
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (1 to 2 medium limes)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced, or 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using a tortilla press or smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly flatten chicken.
- Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 long strips.
- In a small nonmetallic bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Put marinade and chicken in an airtight plastic bag and turn bag to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak 32 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Thread 1 strip of chicken on each skewer.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (2 skewers):
- 30 Calories | 6g Protein | 51mg Sodium | 16mg Cholesterol | 1g Fat | 0g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1 Low-Fat Meat