Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Latvian sour porridge
- Rinse barley groats and add to boiling water, boil to semi-softness.
- Add curdled milk to porridge and stop boiling.
- Add sour cream to cooled porridge.
- If you want sour porridge, keep it in room temperature for 1 – 2 days and then serve with sour cream and add milk.
- Porridge can be made with buttermilk, or you can add to the porridge curdled milk that has been beaten to a homogenous consistency.
- Skabputra should be served well cooled.