Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sisig. A unique Pinoy savory and sometimes spicy pork dish whose preparation methods vary with every household. Sisig is simply pork, grilled on open coals or deep fried, and then chopped and seasoned well. As I’ve said, the choice of seasonings differ. The choice of the cut of meat also depends on the person cooking it. Usually, the cheeks of the hog are used.
- ½ kilo pork head
- ¼ cup grilled liver (diced)
- 2 small onions (minced)
- 2 pieces red pepper (minced)
- 1 head garlic (minced)
- 6 pieces hot chili pepper (minced)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons liquid seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup beef stock
- Grill pork head to remove hair.
- Boil pork head until tender.
- Take out all the meat and dice.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion, red pepper, pork meat and liver.
- Season with liquid seasoning, black pepper, and brown sugar.
- Pour in beef stock and cook until meat is tender and starts to oil again.
- Add minced chili pepper last.
- Serve on a sizzling plate with fresh egg on top.