Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ lb pork riblets or pork ribs, country style, cut to pieces
- 5 cup water
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 medium icicle radish, cut into 1" pieces (or 10 red radishes
- ¼ lb string beans
- 1 medium eggplant cut into 1" pieces
- ½ lb spinach (or cabbage, mustard greens or watercress)
- 5 medium sampaloc (tamarind) also [available as powder)
- 2 hot banana pepper
- In a large pot, bring water and pork to a boil.
- Add tomatoes, onion, salt and tamarind.
- Simmer 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Optional: for tamarind fruit. Cook the tamarind in a little amount of boiling water until soft. Mash then strain to get the juice. Add the tamarind juice to the pork.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add string beans and radish simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and hot banana pepper and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minute to finish cooking spinach.