Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a Vietnamese dish, and is definitely for those who enjoy breathing fire. This dish will have you sweating halfway through the meal! Broccoli goes nicely with this. Note: Cutting the chicken is easiest if the meat is half-frozen.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, preferably peanut
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic,crushed
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into thin slices*
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 fresh jalapeno, or 2 or 3 little red chilies, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- guar or xanthan
- Have the chicken sliced, the ingredients measured, the pepper minced and everything standing by and ready to go before starting to cook — once you start stir-frying, this goes very quickly.
- Put a wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add the oil, let it heat for a minute or so, then add the ginger and garlic.
- Stir for one minute to flavor the oil.
- Add the chicken, and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the Splenda, soy sauce, fish sauce, white wine, jalapeno and pepper, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Thicken pan juices very slightly with guar or xanthan and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Assuming 4 servings, each will have 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber and 39 grams of protein.