Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is one of my mother's excellent Asian recipes. These spare ribs are marinated in light and dark soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, and peppercorn, then fried briefly. After simmering the ribs, marinade, and spices such as star anise and cinnamon for an hour, they are ready to serve with white rice. Very flavorful and tender!" Original recipe yield: 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 10 fluid ounces orange juice, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Pork spareribs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 sticks cinnamon
- 7 star anise
- Sugar to taste
- Peanut or corn oil for frying
- 3 whole eggs (optional)