- 2 spring onions
- 1 onion, diced
- 125 g button mushrooms
- 3¾ cups chicken stock (made as part of this recipe)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp sherry
- chilli sauce as required
- soy sauce as required
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- chopped green chillies in white vinegar as required
- salt and pepper as required
- Slice the spring onions and mushrooms thinly.
- For the stock, boil the chicken in plenty of water (to which the diced onions and carrots have been added) till the chicken becomes soft.
- To the above stock, add ginger and spring onions; bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for another 10 mins.
- Remove the ginger from the soup, add the sherry and seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot along with the chilli sauce, soy sauce and chillies in vinegar.