Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Simply Wonderful Squash from the Public Health Cookbook—original source of recipe from the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health, government publication in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30–45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 winter squash (Butternut, Hubbard or Delicata)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Cut squash in half, peel it and remove seeds. Cut into one-inch cubes.
- Place squash into a large pot with 1/2 cup of water. Add the soy sauce and syrup or honey.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is fork tender (15–30 minutes.)