Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe yields about 5 quarts
- 1¼ cup cooked corn kernels
- 1½ cup whipping cream
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a blender, puree 1 cup corn and ¼ cup cream until very smooth.
- Rub purée through a fine strainer into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan.
- Add remaining corn and cream, along with milk and sugar.
- Stir over high heat until bubbles form at pan rim.
- In a small bowl, beat yolks to blend with about ½ cup of the hot corn mixture, then pour into the frying pan and stir over low heat until custard coats the back of a metal spoon thickly, about 9 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Set the pan in ice water and stir often until mixture is cold, about 15 minutes.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Pour cold mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions or until dasher is hard to turn.