Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetable of the Month: Tubers by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 2 lb yucca root (½ pound per person)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp chives
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Rinse yucca well, peel and halve lengthwise.
- Remove fibrous core.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic and fresh herbs in a large pot with enough water to cover yucca.
- Bring to a boil and add salt.
- Lower heat and add cold water when necessary so as not to allow water to reach another boil.
- Pierce with toothpick or fork.
- When soft (not mushy) remove pieces and set aside.
- When all pieces are done, drain, sprinkle with pepper and serve hot.