- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- herbs to taste
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ pound yuca root per person
- lemon juice to taste
- Rinse yuca well, peel and halve lengthwise. Remove fibrous core.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic and fresh herbs in a large pot with enough water to cover yuca.
- Bring to a boil and add salt. Lower heat and add cold water when necessary so as not to allow water to reach another boil. Pierce with toothpick or fork.
- When soft (not mushy) remove pieces and set aside.
- When all pieces are done, drain, sprinkle with pepper and serve hot.