Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 pound ripe juicy tomatoes
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- handful fresh basil leaves, torn in half
- garlic croutons or torn pieces of crusty bread, toasted or not (optional)
1. Wash and core tomatoes. Cut into thick slices.
4. Scatter top of salad with the torn basil leaves.
5. Add croutons or pieces of bread, if using, to soak up the delicious juices.