Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 2, or one really hungry person
- ½ lbs button mushrooms (regular mushrooms you find at grocery store)
- ½ medium onion
- ¾ cup red wine
- 4 slice whole wheat bread
- salt, pepper
- Slice mushrooms and onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat non-stick skillet until hot enough for onion to sizzle when touching surface.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and red wine.
- Cook on high heat, stirring frequently, until all liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Serve as thick sandwiches.
- If desired, spread bread with stone-ground mustard prior to making sandwiches (I usually don't, but nice as a change)
- Measurements are approximate. The number of sandwiches you make may depend on the size of your bread.