Serves 2, or one really hungry person
- ½ lbs button mushrooms (regular mushrooms you find at grocery store)
- ½ medium onion
- ¾ cup red wine
- 4 slice whole wheat bread
- salt, pepper
- Slice mushrooms and onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat non-stick skillet until hot enough for onion to sizzle when touching surface.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and red wine.
- Cook on high heat, stirring frequently, until all liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Serve as thick sandwiches.
- If desired, spread bread with stone-ground mustard prior to making sandwiches (I usually don't, but nice as a change)
- Measurements are approximate. The number of sandwiches you make may depend on the size of your bread.