- Mix mochiko and sugar in a bowl.
- Add water and mix thoroughly (will be watery).
- Put in a microwaveable dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Take off plastic wrap.
- Cool for a few minutes, if you want. Cut. Serve.
- Optional: Dust with katakuriko or kinako to prevent mochi from sticking everywhere.
- If you don't have these, you can just put the mochi on cellophane.
Variations for filling Edit
- You can add red bean paste, ice cream, chocolate, etc. in the middle if you want before you dust.
- Add a teaspoon of filling and pinch edges closed.
- Variations for dough: add a few drops of food coloring into batter for color variation.
- A few drops of flavoring (strawberry, grape, orange, blueberry, etc.) may also be added.
- >> for chocolate flavor, stir about ¼ cup melted chocolate chips into mochi batter before cooking.