Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort simplu
- Beat the yolks with the sugar in a heat resistant bowl.
- Set this bowl inside a larger pan with boiling water in it and set this on heat.
- Beat the cream until hot.
- Remove the bowl with the cream from heat and keep beating until cooled off.
- When it is completely cold, add the whipped egg whites, folding gently, then the flour and lemon peel. Divide this mixture into 3 – 4 equal parts (depending on the size of the baking pan).
- Bake 3 sheets, individually, and as soon as they are out of the oven, cover with a cloth.
- Keep them like this for 1 – 2 hours. Spread marmalade on each of them and arrange one on top of the other.
- The cake may be filled with any desired cream and glazed with any icing.