Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beans, Light Kidney, Dry by the USDA, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups light kidney beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup (15½ ounce can) peas, drained
- 1 x 10 ounce can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pan, heat canola oil; add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Over medium-high heat, add carrots, celery, peas, cream of mushroom and milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, noodles and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.