Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A couple years ago I found a really great and really simple recipe for Alfredo sauce. I don't remember where, though. As far as I can tell, only the milk has any significant carbs (12 g / cup). Everything else I checked showed 0% carbs.
Now most Alfredo recipes also include pasta. However, I've come to LOVE the way broccoli can soak up a sauce! Use the recipe above to make a shrimp or chicken alfredo and pour it over broccoli instead of pasta. Just heaven!
- Contributed by Gary at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 x 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- In a skillet melt the butter.
- Add the cream cheese and stir till melted.
- Add the Parmesan , keep stirring. And very slowly add the milk (while stirring all the time, of course).