Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3 to 4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1½ cups apple juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups chopped apple (Fuji, Golden Delicious, or Granny Smith)
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of water, brown the chicken on both sides; remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion and bouillon cube; cook until onion is transparent. Add rice, apple juice and water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and add chicken. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add apples and cook additional 10 minutes. Cook until all liquid is absorbed.