Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The wonderful cookbook The Silver Palate has an over-the-top French toast recipe. By using croissants instead of regular bread, and cream instead of milk, it is enough to harden anyone's arteries. This is a slightly healthier version of French toast, still using the Triple Sec and orange zest that gives the Silver Palate recipe its punch.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup triple sec
- zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 8 thick slices of day-old bread, better if slightly stale
- maple syrup
- fresh berries
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Add the triple sec, orange zest, and cinnamon.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Melt some butter (or use vegetable oil) over a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add as many slices of bread onto the skillet as will fit at a time.
- Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and fresh berries.