Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/2 small Onion or 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 lb. carrots, peeled, trimmed and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. white rice
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. thick yogurt for garnish
- 1 Tbs. slivered mint leaves, optional
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add Onion, and sauté, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes, until translucent. Add ginger and carrots, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes more. Add Sugar, and cook, stirring, 1 minute more; add orange juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring bottom of pan with wooden spoon to deglaze. Cook until liquid reduces by about half, about 3 minutes.