Herring in sour cream
- 4 fillets of salted or spiced herring (saltsild or kryddsild)
- 2 dl sour cream or skyr
- 1 tb vinegar
- 1 tb sugar
- 2 tb chopped chives
- Desalt or drain the herring filets, depending on which kind you are using.
- Cut them across into fairly thin slices.
- Beat the sour cream or skyr and season it with the vinegar and sugar (of which you may use more or less according to taste).
- Add the chopped chives.
- Arrange the herring slices in a dish, so they are not touching each other.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over them and wait for 3–4 hours before serving the dish.