Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 24 pieces for 8 to 10 appetizer servings.
- Chef Maria Hopps's Recipes Wiki Category
- More of Chef Maria Hopps's Recipes
- Interview with Chef Maria Hopps
- Chef Profile: Chef Maria Hopps
- Your Personal at Home Chef
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- ½ of an 8-ounce tub plain cream cheese product (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Spanish black olives
- 1 tablespoon Spanish red pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 x 7- or 8-inch flour tortillas
- To roast poblano and sweet red peppers, halve peppers and remove stems, membranes, and seeds.
- Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425 °F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is bubbly and browned.
- Put the peppers in a brown paper bag; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Pull the skin off gently and slowly using a paring knife,cut peppers into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, garlic, cilantro, black and green olives, lime juice, and ground red pepper.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese mixture.
- Lay poblano and red pepper strips over cream cheese.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Wrap with clear plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Unwrap and bias-slice wraps crosswise into 1¼-inch slices.