Total Time: 3 hours and 25 minutes
Prep: 3 hours
Cooking: 25 minutes
Rice is the staple and is combined with different stews. The stew is usually veggies and some kind of meat. such as: Cassava leaves, ground nut, and spinach just to name a few. This is a traditional dish from Sierra Leone.
- 1 pound stewing meat
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup Groundnut paste (Peanut butter)
- 1/2 tsp. "Mrs. Dash" seasoning
- 1 large Onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 large pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- salt to taste
- Season meat. Let it absorb for three hours. Brown meat in oil. Add some water and simmer until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same oil, sauté pepper and onions. Add tomatoes and stir briskly. Mix Groundnut paste with 1/2 cup water to form a thin paste and add to stew. Stir, add meat, salt to taste and let simmer 15 minutes over low heat. Serve with rice, boiled yam, cassava and green vegetable.