- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed Beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small o¬nion, chopped
- 2 chilli peppers, seeded and minced
- 18 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh Shrimp, peeled
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Cut Beef into bite-size cubes. Season to taste
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add Beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover.
- Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and Shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.