Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 bundles of cassava leaves (or pounded frozen leaves)
- 1 lb meat
- 2 dried fish
- 1 cup cooked beans
- ½ pint palm oil/coconut or vegetable oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cups water
- Cut up the meat and put in a saucepan with salt, ground pepper and onions and water.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Wash leaves, beat in a mortar until finely ground. Defrost if you are using frozen pounded cassava leaves.
- Add the ground (or defrosted) leaves to the ingredients in the saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add palm oil and simmer again for about 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Mix peanut butter with a little water and add to the sauce, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Flake fish and add together with cooked beans to the sauce.
- Season with salt, cover and simmer gently until most of the water has been evaporated.
- Serve with rice.