- 16 oz sticky rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb lean ground Beef
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups virgin olive oil
- cook the rice until very soft and sticky, follow box directions let cool.
- Mix spices and cheese into the ground beef.
- Mix one egg with ground beef
- roll into small meatballs (golf ball sized)
- cook in olive oil until well done.
- After rice has cooled to room temperature, add one egg and mix well.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- By hand, form rice into a half ball, insert the small golf ball sized meat balls into half balls of rice
- Continue to form the other half of the rice ball until a complete rice ball about the size of a tennis ball is formed.
- With the meat inside place rice ball into a hot skillet with about one inch of olive oil.
- Cook until golden brown, turning constantly.
May be served with any side dish or veggie.