Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From St. Peter's Italian Catholic Church)
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb coarsely ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes (1 lb, 12 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 lb mostaccioli or other large pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Cook until beef is crumbly and onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Crush tomatoes with liquid and add to meat mixture with tomato sauce, parsley and basil.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low heat 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When ready to serve, cook mostaccioli in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Toss mostaccioli with enough sauce to coat lightly.
- Serve topped with more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.