An easy and authentic chocolate and hazelnut gelato made with Nutella.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat pour in 3 cups of milk. Bring this to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add 1 cup of milk, sugar and cornstarch. Make sure this is mixed to a smooth consistency. Pour this into hot milk.
- Bring saucepan with mixture to a medium low heat and stir liquid for about 6 to 9 minutes. Look for a rich thickening. Remove from heat.
- Add Nutella to the hot mixture. Stir constantly until completely melted through.
- Let the gelato mix cool. Pour into a plastic bowl or pouring jug, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Pour completely chilled mixture into icecream maker and process for 40 minutes until mixture has a soft-serve like consistency. Transfer into a plastic container and freeze.