Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 kg of horse-flesh
- 5 kg of suet
- 350 g of salt
- 10 g of black ground pepper
- 50 g of garlic
- greens to taste
- The prepared meat is rubbed with salt and kept fur 1–2 days in a cool place at the temperature of 3-4°C.
- Guts are washed and kept for some time in salt water.
- meat and fat are cut in small pieces and mixed.
- garlic, pepper and salt are added and all this is mixed again.
- Then the guts are stuffed, its both ends are tied up with a string and they are hung out for 3–4 hours in a cool place.
- Shuzhuk is smoked during 12–18 hours over dense smoke at the temperature of 50-60°C, then dried up at 12°C for 2–3 days.
- Dried or smoked shuzhuk is boiled on slow fire during 2 - 2½ hours.
- Before serving the table shuzhuk is cut in thin slices to 1 cm thick, layed out on a plate, decorated with rings of onion and greens.