- Wash and skin the chicken.
- Cut it in half.
- In a large pan, boil the hareese and the chicken in plenty of water, until the hareese is beginning to get tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Return to a boil.
- Remove the chicken meat from its bones and chop it.
- Add the chicken to the soup.
- Cover and continue boiling until the hareese is well cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Add water as needed to make the soup the thickness that you like.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.