Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This was done on the (very uncertain) assumption that Shulla is related to Shurba in al-Baghdadi, and that the recipe we have for the latter thus gives a rough idea of how the former is made.
- 1 lb leg of lamb
- 1.6 oz (3 – 4 tbsp) rice
- 1.6 oz (¼ cup) ghee
- .8 oz (2 tbsp) (chickpeas)
- 3 oz sliced (check volume) onions
- .8 oz salt (1 tbsp) salt
- .4 oz fresh ginger peeled and chopped (check volume)
- .07 ounce (approx. ½ clove), sliced garlic
- .035 oz (½ tsp) pepper
- .035 oz (¼ stick) cinnamon
- .035 oz (approx. ½ tsp) cardamon
- .035 oz (approx. ½ tsp) cloves
- Melt the ghee, put it in a pot.
- Brown the meat, onions, and garlic in it for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add 1¼ cup of lukewarm water, salt, chickpeas, cinnamon.
- Simmer about another 10 minutes, then add ginger, pepper, cardamom and cloves.
- Add the rice and another ½ cup of water.
- Simmer another ½ hour.