- Mix yeast with flour.
- Add egg, sugar, salt and cardamom to the milk, mix it continuously for 3–4 minutes and then gradually add flour.
- Then mix with hand.
- Add soft margarine at the final phase of kneading.
- Knead the dough by hand or machine until it is smooth and does not stick to your hands or the bowl.
- Leave to rise in a warm place under a cloth, until it has doubled in size.
- Mould small buns from the dough, place them on greaseproof paper on a baking sheet, and leave them to rise again under the cloth.
- Prepare oven to 225°C, brush the buns with beaten egg and bake these buns for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut off the top of the buns, pile whipped cream mixed with vanilla sugar on the lower halves, and replace the top portions.